Friday, February 9, 2007

Path of life....

Having recently exited my 20’s and enter life in my 30’s.. I’ve been amazed how my life has changed in the last few years. People always joke about growing old or maturing but lately it has really hit home. A few humorous facts:

Common magazine in my bathroom:
5 years ago: Maxim or FHM
Today: Parenting, American Baby or Business Week

Common Friday evening activity:
5 years ago: Happy Hour, then bar hoping (average bedtime: 2:30 AM)
Today: Chasing kids around the house, fall asleep on couch by 10:00 PM

Car:
5 years ago: Sports car
Today: SUV soon to be minivan (fighting this)

Common items you’d find in the backseat of my car:
5 years ago: basketball, gym bag, sleeping bag
Today: Baby seat, diapers, dirty diapers (not funny)

With all of the changes, I would not change a thing about my life. It is amazing how your life changes once you make the jump to parenthood.

3 comments:

wordbones said...

It is all about passages.

I once succombed to the mini van allure when my daughter was two. I found the utility of the vehicle to far outweigh the image problem. One thing about mini vans, you become invisible. And keep in mind that it is temporary. I am back in an SUV now (much better for hauling sports equipment and bicycle racks).

And don't feel bad about the sleep on the couch by 10 PM thing. In my early fifties I find that the couch no longer cuts it. My goal is to be in bed with a book by 10 PM (weekends excluded of course!).

-wb

Eldersburg1976 said...

Cool, glad to hear that the “Mini-van” stage is only temporary..

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting a link to the new Hometown Columbia blog for 13th Gen Columbians. And thanks as well, for your warm words of welcome into the local blogosphere.

I do hope you will, on occasion, post to Hometown Columbia. Or at least add comments when the conversation is rich and you wish to add your voice.